YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICE AND APPLICATION(S) OR YOUR PROVISION OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS POLICY, SO PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICE OR PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE.
COLLECTION AND USE INFORMATION
We request certain information such as your email address, name, and property address when you create a Home Hub account, or if you communicate with us. We may also collect information you provide in User Content you submit and/or messages you send through the Service.
In addition, you may submit certain product information, such as model and serial numbers, of appliances and other items in your home in connection with your use of your Home Hub account. You may also submit photographs, videos, documents, receipts and other information related to your home assets.
When you access our Service using a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
In limited circumstances, we may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party service or log-in by “following,” “liking,” adding the Home Hub application, linking your account to the Home Hub Service, etc., that third party may provide Home Hub with certain information about your use of its service, including without limitation, your user ID, an access token necessary to access the third-party service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with the third-party service. You should review and revise your privacy settings on third-party websites and services, as you deem necessary, before linking or connecting them to the Home Hub Service. You may also unlink your third–party account from the Service by changing your settings in your third–party service account.
We use your personal information to: (i) operate and deliver the Service, Site and Applications; (ii) diagnose and troubleshoot issues; (iii) perform research and analysis aimed at improving our Service, products and technologies; (iv) enable transactions with Users(v) make the Service, Site and/or Applications more user-friendly by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information; (vi) display custom and/or personalized content, information and advertising based on your interests and preferences; (vii) monitor aggregate metrics (e.g., total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns); (viii) automatically update the Home Hub Site and/or Application on your mobile devices.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you connect with other Users and/or share information about yourself using the social features of the Service, your profile information, including your name, photo, location and other personal information, will be available publicly to other Users. By using such features of the Service, you consent to having your profile information and your location displayed to other Users.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Any person or any entity who purchases your home in the future.
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Home Hub, which also includes our affiliates (i.e., any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with us). These companies can use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy.
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services.
- Third parties who offer you products or services we think you may enjoy.
- The public and other Users at your request. Any information or content that you voluntarily submit for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our Home Hub Application. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our User Agreement, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Home Hub, its users or the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
Advertisements on Home Hub:
If an advertiser asks Home Hub to show an ad to a certain audience of Users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests), Home Hub determines the target audience and serves the ad to that audience. Home Hub only provides anonymous, aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Home Hub is committed to the security of your information, and we have implemented a variety of security procedures and to protect the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, Home Hub cannot ensure or warrant that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information and your password, and for controlling access to your email communications from Home Hub. Your privacy settings may be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites (e.g., social networks) and services that you add to the Home Hub Service. Home Hub is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
If any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we, an affiliate, or one of our service providers is required to disclose or provide notice to you of unauthorized access or a breach of security, you agree that we may provide such notice by either posting notice on our Site and Applications or sending notice to any e-mail address we have for you.
Home Hub may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time after termination or deactivation of your User account for backup, archival, audit or other legitimate business purposes.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not want to receive newsletters, promotions and special offers from us, you may opt out or change your preferences. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails, such as account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, Service change/update notices, and technical/security notices.
You may update your account information and preferences at any time by changing the settings in your account. You can also stop receiving promotional emails clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
You can opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may not be able to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools may disable many of the features available through the Service.
If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us at email@example.com.
“DO NOT TRACK”
Home Hub does not knowingly register as users or collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Site and Applications contains links to other Web sites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the practices or policies of such websites or services and this Policy does not apply to these websites or services. Home Hub is not responsible for and we do not have any control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each third-party to determine how that third-party protects your privacy.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Looking for more information? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Looking for the name plates on your appliances? Click here.
Watch the video to see just how Home Hub works.